Now that summer is well underway, you need to get moving and finish your summer bucket list! There are plenty of things to do in the warm weather for any kind of adventurer, and you can read on for a list of some must-dos during the warmest months of the year.
The thrill seeker
Thrill seekers like to take advantage of the warm weather and try to see as much of the world as possible. Some cool adventures to plan include:
- Go hiking. Take advantage of national parks across the US and go see a different part of the country that you haven’t seen before. Consider the Adirondacks, the Catskills, or Yosemite Park.
- Try your hand at different water sports. Head to your nearest body of water and get active with water skiing, parasailing, jet skiing, snorkeling, and/or tubing.
- Head north to Iceland. This Nordic country has become very popular for visitors because of its amazing culture and scenery. There are plenty of things to do, especially in the summer, because the sun barely sets. Try out an Iceland black beach tour, head to a glacier pond, take a dip in the blue waters of the blue lagoon, and check out as many waterfalls as you can.
Explorers want to go and see the world, but in comfort. They aren’t necessarily thrill seekers, but they don’t want to stay at home and watch the day go by. If you’re an explorer, consider trying out these summer activities:
- Get out on the water. There are plenty of ways you can enjoy the water without having to get active. For example, head out on a sunset cruise in West Palm Beach. These boats offer some luxury while letting you enjoy beautiful views and sunsets in locations much different than what you’re used to.
- Attend an outdoor concert. There’s no better time than summer to listen to your favorite band or philharmonic outdoors. All you need to do is grab a lawn chair, pack some snacks, and lean back and enjoy the wonderful summer night.
- Going glamping. Glamping is camping of a sort, but with a glamorous twist. Instead of pitching a tent and sleeping in a sleeping bag, glampers rent out luxurious cabins with lush sleeping areas and full kitchens. This option is perfect for those who are interested in seeing the great outdoors, but don’t want to get too dirty.
The subdued vacationer
The subdued vacationer doesn’t want to be bothered doing something every day of their vacation. They want to relax and enjoy time to themselves, without having to fill up their planbook with things to do. Here are some great summer essentials for anyone looking to relax and stay close to home.
- Pack a picnic. Nothing says summer than packing a picnic and enjoying it outside! It’s not only easy to do but it gives you an excuse to get outside with some friends and enjoy the weather.
- Go to a drive-in theater. If you don’t want to stay cooped up inside when seeing the latest blockbuster movie, then go to the drive-in. You can bring dinner with you, and watch movies while the stars twinkle above your car.
- Go garage-sailing. The saying is true: one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. You never know what you can find when you hit up the garage sales around your neighborhood.
So whether you are looking for a jam packed vacation or simply want to stay home and relax, the above activities are perfect for summer vacationers of all kinds. Try out a few different things, and see which ones become your new favorites.