Having dogs as pets is one of the best feelings you can have. Aside from being a great companion, you can also use them as security. However, before all of these can happen, the dogs have to have been well trained.
Training your dogs may seem difficult, especially if you have read different posts on social media groups. While this may be true, there are ways for you to make your dogs’ training as easy as possible. One of the best ways you can do this is by using the BaxBuddy Training Device.
The BarxBuddy Training device is a family-friendly ultrasonic device with simple commands that helps you signal your dogs to disembark from unwanted behaviors. It can also be used to reinforce positive behaviors in your dogs. A question, however, is, how do you use this device?
How to Use the BarxBuddy Training Device to Train your dogs on the road
One of the common ways people use the device is to correct unwanted behaviors from dogs. The way to go about this is detailed below.
- Activate the Device: When you get the dog training device, the first thing to do is to activate it. There is a setup instruction in the box, which is easy to follow. Ensure you study the command buttons carefully and that the strap is adequately worn over your dog’s neck.
- Look out for unwanted behaviors in your dogs: When your dog begins to exhibit unwanted behaviors on the road, you have to use the BarxBuddy ultrasonic training tool to distract it. Doing this is simple. Simply press the button on the control in your hand and give a verbal command.
The command should be clear and short. For instance, after pressing the button, you can say “sit down” or “quiet.” You should repeat this command occasionally, especially when your dog is about to exhibit any of those unwanted behaviors.
- Offer your dog a treat: Like humans, dogs are also encouraged to follow commands when they are rewarded. Hence, after using the BarxBuddy training device to distract your dogs and giving them commands, you should also give them a treat.
This way, the dogs would recognize that you cherish them when they obey your commands and disembark from the behaviors you don’t want.
Things to avoid when training your dog on the road with BarxBuddy Training Device
There are things you should avoid if you want the best result from training your dogs with this device. They are:
- Yelling at your dogs: It is understandable that your dogs can get on your temper, especially when they are barking, but yelling at them won’t solve any problem. When your dog barks and you yell, the dog would think that you are joining it to bark and may see this as reinforcement of continuous barking.
- Overcompensating your dogs: Yes, your dog needs a treat when it obeys your instructions, but don’t overdo it. You can compensate your dogs with little treats. If you begin to give out a lot of treats, the dogs will grow fat and might build an insatiable urge for compensation.
- Not being consistent: Consistency is key to reinforcement. If you are not consistent with a pattern of behavior with your dogs, it will be difficult for the dog to recognize what exactly you want it to do.