Before planning your stag or hen do, you will need to decide what your priorities are. Would you like sunshine? Do you expect all your friends and family to attend? Your hen or stag party is an occasion you will want to remember for life, so it’s important to think carefully about what you want. If you’re stuck between whether to have it in the UK or go abroad, allow us to help.
Celebrate in the UK
- Cost: Having your hen or stag do in the UK will more than likely be a lot more affordable than going abroad.
- More guests: If the party is happening on home soil, the majority of your invitees will be able to attend. You will also be able to invite a wider range of people, from your bridesmaids and groomsmen to your work colleagues.
- Unpredictable climate: Fancy an outdoor festival-themed do complete with a tipi and hay bales? If so, be prepared for rain all day – you just never know what the weather is going to do in the UK!
- Unpredictable guestlist: If your guests don’t have a flight to catch or a hotel to pay for, they may be more inclined to cancel on the plans last-minute.
Head off abroad
- Hot weather: If sunshine is what you’re after before your wedding, picking a hot destination abroad is the answer.
- Variety of experiences: No matter whether you would prefer to lounge on a sunbed in Spain, go skiing in the mountains in Austria or go out with a sparkle in Vegas, the opportunities are endless when you leave the UK.
- Price: There’s no doubt about it – planning this occasion abroad could get very pricey. You’ve got to consider flights, or other transport, as well as accommodation costs and spending money. If you do decide to book it outside of the UK, it’s vital that your friends and family know about it well in advance, to give them a chance to budget for it. This will also allow them time to consider all their financial options before committing to anything.
- Attendance: Going abroad can be harder for people that have commitments or responsibilities at home, such as parents of small children. If you choose to do something outside of the UK, you may only find that a smaller number of people can join you for the celebrations.
No matter what you choose to do, ensure that you book your plans early enough so that you can get the best deal.