Silver is a metal that humans have used for thousands of years, and it has many uses and not only for jewellery or decorations. There are properties to silver than can have benefits to your health, and some of these may surprise you. Silver has long been used in traditional medicines, although the benefits have long been lost until more recently when it has been picked up once again. Below are some ways that silver can help you with your health, and the different things you can use it for in medicine.
The Benefits Of Wearing Silver Jewellery
Silver has many benefits when it is worn and has long been known to have antimicrobial properties that can aid in the fight against infections, help heal open wounds, and fight off flu. As we live in a world that is dominated by technology, the positively charged ions of silver can also create a conductive field which can reflect the electromagnetic radiation that is let off by our electronic devices. There is still a lot of research to be done in electromagnetic fields, and although there is no medical proof that they are harmful, they have been linked with many different types of illness. The University of Southampton has also documented research which shows that wearing a specific type of silver ring can also help to combat arthritis in the hands.
Silver In Medicine
Silver is used extensively in medicine, and you can see it used in antibiotics, sterilisation, dressings, creams, catheters, and other medical devices and treatments. There is a lot of research being done worldwide in combining silver nanoparticles with existing drugs, and it has shown to increase the effectiveness in some of them. Silver is added to many different compounds that can aid in fighting infections and keeping wounds clean and can also be used to treat some skin conditions, such as warts and corns. Silver is thought to have positive benefits to anxiety, and you can buy sterling silver jewellery in the form of spinner rings and puzzle rings, which can help control and focus an anxious mind.
Not All Silver Is The Same
Before you go out and purchase some silver jewellery in the hope that it is going to benefit your health, it is essential to note that not all silver is the same, so may not have the same effects. If you purchase solid sterling silver, then this is going to be 92.5% pure, with the remaining 7.5% being made from an alloy of other metals. It is the metals that are in the alloy that can prevent the silver from being as effective, so if possible, you will want to try and purchase 100% solid silver jewellery to ensure the best results. There is plenty of information on this subject freely available online, and you can also speak to your family doctor if you think that silver may be able to benefit your health or that of someone that you love.
Wearing silver jewellery cannot only look fantastic, but it can also help your health. So, if you are looking for the perfect gift, silver jewellery is something that you should consider asking for or buying for someone you love.
Leave a Reply