A common reason why people with bad vision refuse to wear eyeglasses is the way they look while wearing them. Of course, contact lenses are there to solve the problem. However, you cannot wear these lenses all the time. Eyeglasses offer more benefits compared to contact lenses, and with the right choice of frames, having a bad vision cannot stop you from looking good.
When choosing the right eyeglass frames, you need to consider your face shape, skin tone, and personality. Whatever your style is, you can look classy with the finest frames like Classic Glasses from 1001 Optical. Below are some essential tips when finding the right frame that works best for your looks.
The shape of your face is at the top of the list when you are choosing the right eyeglass frame. Your face could be round, square, oval, heart-shaped, or diamond.
- Round face: Choose the eyeglasses with square or rectangular frames. These shapes could make your face look longer and slimmer by balancing your face’s round features. Avoid wearing round, rimless, or small frames as these types of frames would make your face look rounder.
- Square face: Round and oval eyeglasses could give your face a thinner appearance. Choose a frame that sits on the upper part of the bridge of your nose as it looks best on a square face. Do not wear boxy frames as it draws attention towards your face’s angular features and could make your face look bulky.
- Oval face: Choose a frame with a strong bridge, wide and geometric in shape. Large frames that can cover more than half of your face will ruin the symmetry and natural balance of the oval face.
- Heart-shaped face: Frames that match the width of your forehead are the best choice. Square or round frames with curved sides would keep the attention away from your forehead. Stay away from any designs that could highlight your forehead.
- Diamond face: Choose frames that would highlight your cheekbones, such as oval frames and cat eyeglasses. Narrow and boxy frames will not enhance the shape of your face. Instead, it will draw attention to the width of your cheeks and your narrow features.
Your Skin Tone
The colour tone of your skin plays a significant role in choosing the right eyeglasses frame, just like the shape of your face. You must select the colour that is closest to your skin tone.
If you have a warm complexion, like gold, bronze, and yellow skin tone, you must choose shades under gold, brown, olive green, and light tortoise. Avoid pastel colours as well as black or white frames.
If your skin tone falls under pink or blue undertones, your complexion is cool. Stay with frames under the shades of pink, purple, blue, silver, black, and grey.
The eyeglasses frame that you are going to wear should tell more about your personality. Do not wear eyeglasses with unusual shapes and bright colours during a corporate meeting. You also don’t want to look too serious if you are going on a weekend holiday; try wearing fun-looking frames with bright colours (you still need to consider your skin tone). Choose metal-made frames if you have an active lifestyle.
Looking good should not be a problem if you need to wear eyeglasses for your bad vision. Reputed models like Classic Glasses from 1001 Optical could give you options no matter what face shape, skin tone, and personality you have.