Belviq is known to help manage the weight that should not worsen your overall health. However, concerns that this weight-loss drug, Belviq, and its extended-release version called Belviq XR, may lead to an increased risk of cancer. This prompted its manufacturer Eisai to withdraw these medications voluntarily in February 2020 from the U.S. market. Many people have chosen to file Belviq lawyer who have been diagnosed with cancer after taking the drug.
The two drugs, Belviq XR and Belviq are marketed to help people who are suffering from obesity by making them feel full and be able to take a reduced calorie diet. The drug was approved by the FDA in 2012 but needed the manufacturer to finish a clinical trial to know the efficacy and safety of the drug.
It was only in January 2020 and after reviewing trial data that the FDA announced that the drug may be associated with increased risk of multiple types of cancer, such as –
Within weeks of this discovery, the FDA reported that it ordered Eisai to take back all the drugs from the U.S. market. FDA also asked health professionals to stop prescribing this drug as well as generic lorcaserin, let the patients know who are taking these medicines about increased cancer occurrence noted in their clinical trial, as well as discuss with patients alternative weight loss strategies or alternative medicines.
Other Side Effects of Belviq
· Feeling suicidal
· Blurred vision, dry eyes
· Unusual changes in mood or behavior
· Memory issues, trouble concentrating
· Nipple discharge, breast swelling
· Erection lasting more than four hours or is painful
· High amount of serotonin in body, which produces agitation, fever, nausea, fast heart rate, hallucinations, diarrhea, overactive reflexes, vomiting, loss of coordination, fainting
· Serios nervous system reactions
· Heart issues producing symptoms like swelling in limbs, ongoing weakness, dizziness, fast heart rate
· Low blood sugar
· Slow heartbeat
· Dry mouth
The patients who have suffered cancer of adverse side effects after taking Belviq might be eligible for the Belviq lawsuit. If you have taken the drug and were diagnosed with colorectal, lung, pancreatic, or other cancers, you must contact an experienced lawyer who will seek the damages mentioned below for you –
· Loss of earning capacities, loss of wages
· Medical expenses for the treatment
· Suffering and pain (mental or physical) caused by cancer treatment as well as recovery period
· Inability to enjoy life resulting from damages and the disease
· Other compensatory and punitive damages
You should consider hiring a personal injury attorney as the first step towards filing a Belviq lawsuit. Since the statute of limitations of your state allows you to file the lawsuit within a specific period of time, you will need an attorney so that you can file the case. Next, begin gathering evidence about your emotional, physical, and financial suffering. Lastly, allow your attorney to file the Belviq lawsuit.
If you or someone you love have suffered from cancer as a side effect of Belviq or Belviq XR, you may file Belviq lawsuit to claim the financial, emotional, and physical damages caused by the treatment and recovery of cancer.