Part of Michael Hodson’s sick and twisted sense of humor involved making his ‘minions’ do bonus competitions during the Train Challenge.
Is he nuts? Or am I, for signing up for this? My overall goal is to kick his arse. So dear readers, if you can offer advice or help me keep track of this list as I go ape on a bunch of trains across Europe, Russia, China and Vietnam.
- Photo of Russian train attendant giving you a hug or kiss.
- Photo of you with someone in a military or police uniform
- Ticket to a museum.
- Karoyke video
- Video of you doing shots of alcohol with Russians on a train.
- Video of you dancing a local/native dance with a local.
- Menu printed in foreign language — multiples count in other languages/countries.
- Hospital gown.
- Business card from some government official — bonus for accompanying picture.
- Picture of you in train engine car.
- Bottle of French, German or Italian wine, bought in one of those countries.
- Photos of you in funny hats, different locations, bonus for actual hat at finish line.
- Pictures of cans of Coca-Cola in multiple languages.
- Picture with a bride.
- Picture of you riding an animal.
- Russian nesting dolls — babushka dolls.
- Postcard (points for every country you get).
- Photos with locals eating meals in their home.